Who are we?
VAEV is a non-governmental organization established in Wien to delivers programmes of community based activities to young people from areas of high social deprivation. Community activities take the form of physical activities, group work, volunteering, employability and personal development sessions.
VAEV improves young people’s physical and mental health and well-being, confidence and self-esteem, aspirations, personal responsibility and life chances by engaging them in structured, positive activities that work across communities and are delivered by role models with experienced and trained youth workers.
Main aims of VAEV are:
- To promote, through volunteering and coaching, personal development, health & well-being and employment prospects of disengaged and vulnerable young people
- To provide or assist in the provision of services to assist young people in their personal development, to develop their mental and practical skills so that they may increase their level of activity and, or become active members of their local community – To focus attention of the community at large on social issues with a view to creating a sense of individual and community responsibility and participation in the remedying of these problems
- To encourage the cooperation and partnership of voluntary groups, statutory authorities, private enterprise and individuals in the service to the community
- To contribute in youth social integration issues
- To promote young people’s personal development and self-exploration;
- To contribute active involvement in local and international initiatives
- To promote intercultural dialogue, expansion of international cooperation and culture of peace